Looking back on the past year and making new year resolutions are part of the tradition, and this year I felt the need to write down my objectives for 2018, like a contract with myself. In 2017 I wrote in a notebook some things I wanted to do or learn during the year, then I put the notebook away and forgot about the list, like everybody else I think. Recently I found this notebook again and I was nicely surprised to see that I had done almost everything, like, for exemple, changing my diet and integrating sports in my daily routine (read more here), trying climbing (I’ll tell you more soon) or learning how to surf my small surfboard. But there still are so many things I want to do, learn or change in my life that it definitely deserves a new list!
My challenges for 2018
- My first real challenge is a big work on myself to be more self-confident and go beyond my many fears. The fear of failure of course, but also the fear of what other people think, the fear of change, and a whole lot of over-anticipations of the risks and consequences that is stopping myself from going forward. With every projects come difficulties and risks, it is part of the game and it is up to us to overcome those problems and to make it work. The famous dream big, work hard will be my motto for 2018!
- My second challenge is about this blog, I’ve been running it with passion for 3 years now, but without dedicating myself fully to it, I post when I have time, that is not often and very irregularly, and I have a list of articles and projets as long as my arm that I’ve been constantly pushing back on the pretext that it is a “hobbie” and not work. I don’t make any money from this blog for now and I always tend to put it aside in favor of paid work and clients, always worried about the financial insecurity that comes with freelance life. But it is up to me to make things change, so I decided to make room in my schedule for this blog by being more selective with client work and focusing on things I really like, and see where it takes me! I can’t wait to tell you more about the new things coming on this blog and the projets I want to set up, I hope you will like it :)
- My third challenge is a sports challenge, in 2017 I got into running and exercising and I changed my diet in order to be healthier and in better shape, today I really feel better in my body and in my head. In 2018 I want to keep going and push my training a little bit further, for exemple I would like to sign up for a few running races and try trail running (as soon as my knee gets better) or do more muscle-development exercises, practice yoga regularly, etc. And, of course, keep surfing as much as I can!
- My forth challenge consists in using exclusively organic and sustainable cosmetics and beauty products, a big part of my products are already organic but not all of them and this year I want to be more demanding about the origin and production of the products I use, by the way if you have recommandations I’ll take it! This challenge takes part in a global process of wellness and ecology touching various areas of my daily life such as food or clothing and all our consumption choices in general. I encourage you to do the same, as much as possible, and I’ll share articles along the year about a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.
- My fifth and last challenge is about travel, this year I had the chance to go to Bali and it was amazing (read the articles here and here), I wanted to go to Bali for a long time and this trip really changed me. For 2018 I have several travel destinations where I would love to go, such as Australia, Northern Europe (Sweden, Norway, Island), Morocco, Sri Lanka or going back to California to visit my best friend, I’ll try to travel as much as my bank account allows me to. Besides those big trips I also would like to take advantage of the weekends more and go to closer and affordable destinations like big europeans cities, the Spanish coastline or the Pyrenees. By the way my next trip will be in the mountains at the end of January to go skiing, hiking and much more!
That’s it for my main 2018 challenges, a busy program and a lot of changes that I’ll make sure to share with you on this blog and on social media :)
And you, what are your objectives for 2018?
I also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who have been reading this blog, following my little adventures and supporting me through your likes, comments and messages for the past few years, it makes me want to keep going and share even more with you! I wish you all a very Happy New Year!
Leave a Reply